I’m cross-posting a pretty link-rich post from our corporate blog, in case you are interested in the Shanghai World Expo and want more info.
Short background: it’s a 6-month long extravaganza kicking off May 1st in Shanghai. It’s such a big deal inside the country that citizens of Shanghai are getting a few days off work as a way of clearing people off the street and channeling all resources into maintaining order and ensuring smooth running of the event.
All week here on Viewsflow, we are following the 2010 World Expo in China.
- Beginners’ guide to Shanghai by CNN: 51 things you don’t know yet about the city, and the best Expo opening parties!
- Flickr photostreams of various Pavilions are here, and the official Expo site introduces five themes of the exhibition.
- First impressions on the ground from the Shanghaiist: Pure mayhem and madness, see what a lined up crowd looks like, and Little Mermaid big draw for Denmark.
- Pavilion overview from ChinaSmack: Computer generated graphics of what various pavilions look like. Walk through one, and walk through two.
- Pictures of when trial runs turn away crowds courtesy of LostLaowai.
- Here are some of the news outlets covering the Expo: NPR World Expo, ABC News, CNN Go Asia, Shanghai Daily, XinhuaNet, SINA.com, CCTV, Shanghaiiist